About My Year in Film The Stars Reviews Contact Image Map

Friday 12 August 2011

The poll results are in!

1 poll. 8 contestants. 10 days. 48 voters. Who is about to be crowned the Queen of Screwball Comedy?

*drum roll*

In first place with 26 votes, an astounding 54% of the votes cast, is CAROLE LOMBARD


I did think that it was probable she would win, but I never thought it would be such a huge victory. Well done, Carole! 

In second place, with 6 votes, was someone I was not expecting to be up there in the top 3, Katharine Hepburn. Well played, Kate! ;D

Chilling in the grass very pleased with 2nd place!

Tied for 3rd place with 4 votes apiece are Irene Dunne and Jean Arthur. I thought that Irene might have come in first, I have to admit, but 3rd place isn't too shabby.



Roz Russell came in 4th with 3 votes (I was a little sad about this, I had hoped more people would vote for her). Barbara Stanwyck and Myrna Loy tied for 5th place with 2 votes each, and poor Claudette Colbert came in last with only 1 vote :(

Thank you to everyone who participated in the poll, I had so much fun watching to see how it was playing out! Hopefully I'll have another poll up soon, so check back for that! :)

5 comments:

  1. Just announced the news at "Carole & Co.":

    http://carole-and-co.livejournal.com/434505.html.

    I'm sure Lombard will be a benevolent ruler, as long as no one beats her in tennis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carole certainly deserved to win - though I've always thought Irene Dunne and Cary Grant made the ideal screwball couple in "the Awful Truth" (apologies to Kate!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome Sophie. I did a similar poll last year and Irene edged out Carole. Glad to see Carole win it here. Btw Sophie, I just gave you an award. Check out my blog for the details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog and am so excited!! Following you now. Stop by and visit me at my blog, if you get a chance!

    ciao

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love Carole so much, and Kate, Myrna and Jean. Rita Hayworth is also a big favorite!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...