About My Year in Film The Stars Reviews Contact Image Map

Tuesday 31 May 2011

A nifty little website

A few months ago a friend told me about a website called icheckmovies. It's a really cool place where, once you've made an account, you can check off the movies you've seen on certain lists (or, even if they're not on any lists, you can still check them off) like the "Top 250" (IMDb), the "All-Time Worldwide Box Office", the "AFI 100 Years... 100 Movies", the "BFI 100" etc. etc.


Based on how many you've checked off, you're ranked among the other members of the site and you get "awards" based on how many films you've checked off certain lists.


If you're someone like me who loves lists and checking things off thereof, you should definitely check out the site! It's great fun and it's pretty nifty to have little goals in you film watching. For example, I'd like to finish the "AFI's 100 Years... 100 Passions" list soon (I'm over half way there! Yay!). And one of the best things is that many of the lists aren't static, so you will never have watched all of the films on all of the lists because new ones are constantly being added! 

If you go and sign up, or if you're already a member, leave me a comment with your username and I'll add you as a friend! 

If you haven't already seen it, please check out my 15 Movie Questions Meme that I posted earlier on today :D

3 comments:

  1. My username is Bette. Happy one year blog anniversary!

    ~Bette

    ReplyDelete
  2. My username is iwatchmovie1 and it a great website for checking movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I created an account last week: viam51 :) The only problem with this site is that it can be very time-consuming!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...