About My Year in Film The Stars Reviews Contact Image Map

Tuesday 21 June 2011

New Poll: Who's Your Favourite von Trapp Kid?

As I've mentioned so many time before, The Sound of Music is one of my favourite films and when I was growing up I used to measure my age with the ages of the von Trapp children. Now I'm sadly older than all of them (at least I got someone to sing Sixteen Going on Seventeen to me before I turned 17), although most people would probably place my mental age somewhere between Gretl and Marta. My favourite growing up changed several times. First it was Gretl (and Liesl because she was so grown up!), then Louisa, and for the past few years it's been Brigitta. She is hilarious and brilliant and I want to be her! So, let me know who your favourite is by voting in the poll in the sidebar :)

3 comments:

  1. When Gretl and I were the same age; I wanted to be like Liesl; now that I'm older than Liesl, my fav is Gretl. I love when she says "Bunnies", or when she shows her "injured" finger to Maria or when she sings the last part in "So long, farewell" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a Gretl man myself -- not only did she get her finger caught in Frederick's teeth, but she also was a guest star on an episode of Lost in Space, my favorite show as a kid.

    Of course, by those lights, Brigitta should be my favorite since Angela Cartwright played Penny Robinson, but there you have it. I don't promise to always be consistent ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my favorite is Marta--she's so cute! I also like Friedrich...heck, I like them all. Though Liesl is probably my least favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...