About My Year in Film The Stars Reviews Contact Image Map

Thursday 29 September 2011

Happy birthday, my bonny daisy! ;D

107 years ago on this very day (although the lady in question would like to have you believe it was 104 years ago ;D) a rather beautiful, red headed, baby was born in England. Her name was Eileen Evelyn Greer Garson and she grew up to be the earth-shatteringly gorgeous and talented actress we know as, well, Greer Garson.


Happy birthday, Greer! 

You all know that I love this woman more than I can possibly say and that I would watch her anything and everything, and listen to her OTR broadcasts all day every day if I could. She was a beautiful, kind, hilarious, and intelligent woman whom I would have given anything to have meet in real life. I'm going to leave you with one of my favourite scenes from the wonderful 1947 film, Julia Misbehaves. It's so sweet and perfect and proves the fact that no one will ever wear a tablecloth quite like Greer. ;D



P.S. Don't forget it's the Darling Deborah Blogathon tomorrow! It's not too late to participate, everyone is welcome! :D I'm not actually going to be here most of tomorrow as I'm leaving for the weekend (something I didn't know when I planned the blogathon), but I have a couple of posts queued up and hopefully I'll be able to get online to compile a list of all the participators posts. I look forward to reading all the wonderful Deborah-ness! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...