About My Year in Film The Stars Reviews Contact Image Map

Friday 25 March 2011

Aww, shucks -- I just got my first ever blog award!

Imagine my surprise and delight this morning when I received an email telling me that the wonderful Clara of Via Margutta 51 had chosen me as a Stylish Blogger! I've never received a blog award before and I feel very honoured to receive this one from Clara. Thank you so much! :)


Right, now I have to, according to the rules of the award, leave a link to Clara's blog and then reveal to you all 7 of my deepest, darkest secrets... or, just reveal 7 facts about myself.

1. I love tennis. I sort of stole that one from Clara, but it's a highly relevant fact about me too! I've played the sport since I was 5, which makes it almost 13 years. It's my favourite sport without a doubt.

2. I play the trumpet. I started learning when I was 13, and I love it. There is no feeling that can compare with the thrill that runs through you whilst playing in a jazz/concert band when everyone around you is playing and the music is swelling and... ugh. It's magnificent.

3. I saw The King and I on stage when I was 2 weeks old. No, my mother is not one of those people who brings screaming babies and kids to the theatre -- it was at the dress rehearsal for a production of the show. My brother was in it and so, not wanting to go to the actual show in case I started wailing (and I did a lot of that, apparently), Mum decided to go and watch the dress rehearsal instead. I have a feeling this is where my love of The King and I, and musicals in general, springs from ;D

4. I absolutely love the 2005 BBC adaptation of Charles Dickens' Bleak House. I watched this series when it first aired, just a few months before I turned town the dark path of classic film ;D, and it's the first thing I can remember ever being ridiculously obsessed with. I fell in love with the costumes, the music, the breathtaking cinematography and most importantly, the story and Lady Dedlock/Gillian Anderson. I read most of Dickens' books after this, and I've watched Bleak House far too many times every year since 2005.

5. I would love to be a vet. Ever since I was little, I've dreamed of being a vet (well, a vet, an actress, and a professional tennis player ;D) and of all them, I think I have the most chance of becoming a vet. That being said, I'm more "hands on" than academic so I'm not sure how well I would cope with the long years of training and exams that one has to through to become a qualified vet. Also, I believe it's rather hard to get into veterinary college...

6. I have absolutely NO artistic abilities, whatsoever. I'm not joking. I can't even draw stick people without difficulty. I can, however, draw robots. On graph paper.

7. Something random. I had a dream last night that I was Phoebe Buffay in Phyllis Dietrichson's body wearing Baroness Schraeder's clothes (specifically, the carpet skirt she wears during The Lonely Goatherd/Edelweiss scene and a hot pink version of the blouse). I must say, I looked pretty good. In dream land, Phyllis' wig (I didn't have the Baroness' hair, sadly) didn't look really bizarre like it did in Double Indemnity.

Oh my, now I have to choose seven stylish bloggers to give this award too. HOW CAN I PICK JUST 7 OUT OF ALL YOU INCREDIBLY STYLISH PEOPLE? Here goes...

I urge you to check out their blogs if you haven't already, because they are all seven really amazing!

5 comments:

  1. :)

    I'll answer the comment you left over my blog about tennis here. For me, right now, WTA = Kim Clijsters!! Totally, Sophie, I've been following her since 2001. Then she was the number two female tennis player I rooted for, #1 was Martina Hingis. My cousin, who also played tennis, used to call me "Clarita Hingis" :)
    But now, obviously, Kim's the queen. I mean, she has won TWO US Open after having her daughter Jada! Plus she seems to be very down to earth, really honest AND funny (did you see this interview:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTqB4ekSXFE

    Hilarious! So, yeah, Kim is my favorite player too (Fernando González is my favorite male tennis player).

    END OF THE TENNIS RAMBLINGS
    ---------
    Fun facts! Now you'll have to upload one of your robots drawings AND a song played with your trumpet.
    I tried to watch the first episode of Bleak House, and I really didn't understand what was happening...at all! LOL.

    Oh, and your dream was weird, but nice you looked great :)

    --Clara--

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dream sounds BIZARRE...and really funny. :) Dreams are so crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for awarding me! I would award you back but it would be a bit pointless. I have dreams like that! The other day I had one where I was Greer Garson dressed in Bette Davis sailing gear and I sailed to this tiny green island with a little sign saying Japan on it with Gene Kelly. Weird.

    ~Bette

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The unrivaled Queen of Crazy"

    YES.

    Thanks ever so, Sophie the Mad English Girl! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you darling sophie! you are the bees knees. and that dream is the greatest thing I've ever heard in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...