About My Year in Film The Stars Reviews Contact Image Map

Tuesday 28 September 2010

After the Thin Man (1936)



After the Thin Man (1936)


Nick and Nora return to their home in San Francisco on New Year's Eve and are expected to have dinner with Nora's family, most of whom strongly dislike Nick as they believe that he isn't good enough for Nora. Nora's cousin Selma's husband, Robert, has been missing for a few days, and the family want Nick to do a little sleuthing to find out where he is. Cue: several murders, men in shadows, and many other things vital to a great detective story! After several twists and turns to the story, the identity of the murderer is revealed...and once again, he is the one whom you least suspect.

If it's possible, I think I loved this film even more than the first Thin Man film. As with the first film, After the Thin Man combines a pretty substantial plot with a stellar cast, humour...and Asta, the dog.

I adore Asta. He can do everything. I want him :D



See!? How adorable is he!? ♥

There's really not all that much I can say about this film, it's not the sort of film one can write a detailed review about, and I'm no good at that type of thing anyway. All I can say is, I highly recommend you watch it. There's no way you won't adore it! :)

Stay tuned for Greer's birthday tomorrow, and Deborah's on Thursday! It's so exciting! :D

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...