About My Year in Film The Stars Reviews Contact Image Map

Wednesday 29 September 2010

Happy birthday, Greer!!


HUMONGOUS birthday wishes to the beautiful and talented Greer Garson, one of my all time favourite actresses!

Greer has me tongue-tied, I never know what to say about her! She's just so wonderful and amazing...I can't express my love and admiration for her in words. So, I'm going to do one of my "6 Reasons" post to try to share with you all why I love my darling Greer so much :)


Reason #1

She was always so tremendously sweet and caring. That was the first "Greer" quality I fell in love with. I can't remember whether the first Greer film I watched was Mrs. Miniver or Blossoms in the Dust, but I remember being struck by the kindness in her face. That's the kind of thing you can't just act, neither can you hide it. Greer had it in abundance and it's one of the things that made her the very beautiful lady she was.



Reason #2

Her smile. HAVE YOU SEEN IT? It's so sunny, so infectious, so funny and so charming, so beautiful...all at the same time. When Greer smiles, I smile...no, I GRIN. :D


Reason #3

Her. voice. is. a. dream. I die and go to heaven every time I hear it, and I just wish everyone spoke in such smooth, gentle tones...with such a clear, precise accent and with such interesting inflections and intonations. Alas, I've not yet met ANYONE who can match Greer's delicious voice - most probably I never will!


Reason #4

She was a goddess. There is not doubt about it. She was a heavenly being...and we were lucky enough to have her on this earth for 92 blessed years! In simple terms, she was far too beautiful to be true, and in my books she is one of the most beautiful stars of Old Hollywood. Everything from her gorgeous red hair, to her beautiful eyes, and those AMAZING eyebrows, was perfect!


Reason #5

You didn't think I was going to make this list without mentioning her huge talent as an actress, did you? Greer definitely was a very talented actress - and a very versatile one, also! She excelled at comedies just as much as she did at dramas. Most people only ever see her dramas, but I adore her comedies just as much as Mrs. Miniver or Madame Curie. If you've never seen any of Greer's comedies, I highly recommend you rectify that...immediately! ;D


Reason #6

I adore the fact that she could never, for want of a nicer phrase, shut herself up. She could talk for England. I get easily annoyed by people who can't shut up (I used to be one of them until about a year ago, then I got ill...and now I'm definitely more of a listener! ;D ) but if it was Greer that I was listening to...I wouldn't be annoyed at all. Imagine listening to that gorgeous, mellow voice for hours...I don't know about you, but I'd be in heaven! ;)

Well, that's my list of reasons I love Greer...I could have written out 100 reasons, but I still wouldn't be able to properly express my adoration of this lady! :)

Oh, Greer seems eager to be cutting her birthday cake - go and grab a plate, quick! ;D


I have to go now, but, whilst you're eating your cake, here are some more photos of the birthday girl for you to look at...









(With her mother...)


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...