About My Year in Film The Stars Reviews Contact Image Map

Tuesday 15 June 2010

Star of the Day

Maureen O'Hara


I think Maureen is absolutely wonderful! I first saw her in The Parent Trap, and even after having seen quite a few of her other films, it's still one of my favourites. She's witty, beautiful, charming and...I love her wardrobe!



I'm highly jealous of the fact that she even manages to look good in a dressing gown!


Maureen starred in over 40 films, in a career spanning from the late '30s to the mid '70s (although she did undertake a few film and t.v roles in the '90s). As well as being beautiful, she also had a real flair for acting. She is a joy to watch in any of her films. As clichéd as this sounds, she does brighten up the screen whenever she appears. I'll never tire of her beaming smile, melodious voice, and the little Irish twinkle in her eyes!

(in The Parent Trap)


(with her famous on screen partner, John Wayne)


(and again...)


(I wish this was my signed photo!)


(as Lady Godiva)



(I really, really want her dress in this photo! *swoons* )

2 comments:

  1. Sophie Moureen is absolutely a elle my favorite, wonderful, passionate, wild and genteel, to a fantastic mix. the I love literally, a film that love much of you is a quiet man.. a myth, then John Waine were a lovely couple. Miaaooooùùùùù ffffffrrrrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, sono felice!! (: Maureen é molto meraviglioso e bello!! Sono felice di trovare ammiratori di lei! L'amo! E, i capelli rossi - cosí bella!! (:

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...